Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 3: Fontainebleau

So I couldn't go a full two weeks in Paris without climbing, so yesterday we went out to Fontainebleau to try some boulders. It was HOT out- around 87 degrees Fahrenheit, but the climbing there is incredible.

The first thing that struck me is how fun all the warmups were, which is the complete opposite of the Colorado bouldering experience. Before even trying anything hard I had topped out about 12 boulders between v0 and v3. The easy boulders have painted markings based on their difficulty, which I actually kind of liked because it made it easier to find warmups.

I managed to do a few classics despite the heat, including Levitation 7A+ and Chute de Pierre 7A+. Here is a video of me sending Chute de Pierre (video starts one move in):


We will probably go back to Font one day next week (hopefully with cooler temps). I'll have some more videos and pictures then.

1 comment: